Bob Cooks: Lamb & Chorizo Hotpot
600g diced shoulder of lamb
250g raw chorizo, diced
2 x red onions
5 x cloves of garlic
3 x medium potatoes, diced into 1" cubes
1 tbsp tumeric
1 tbsp cumin
2 x tins of chopped tomatoes
handful of parsley
600ml lamb or vegetable stock
200g halved green olives
100ml red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp demerera sugar
1. Heat a good glug of olive oil in a casserole dish over medium heat
2. Season the lamb and fry until browned all over, take out and put to one side
3. Add the chorizo and fry slightly to release the oils, take out and add to the lamb
4. Add diced onions into the pan and sweat for a few minutes until soft, then add garlic and cook for a further minute
5. Add all spices and potatoes and cook for a further few minutes.
6. Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar and half a tablespoon of demerera sugar.
7. Reduce the vinegar and add the chopped tomatoes - cook this out for a few minutes
8. Add the lamb and chorizo to the pan and cover with stock. Check the seasoning.
9. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and place in the oven for 1hr30mins, or until the lamb is tender.
10. Once cooked, finish with the green olives and parsley.